Full Stack Web Developer (Part-Time Contract) - Remote
Crucial Human creates productivity software for collaboration, communication, learning, and for managing projects, documents, knowledge, and other content.
Our mission is to help organizations get the most out of their most valuable assets - their people. It means giving people things that they value in order to be productive and happy - autonomy, flexibility, open and clear communication, continued learning, trust.
Crucial Human is seeking a Full Stack Web Developer on a part-time contract basis. This individual will be responsible for developing new features for our suite of applications, including Paper Workspace and Flipped.
The ideal hire is a mid-level developer who can perform fluently at all levels of the development stack - front, middle, and backend, and is experienced with cloud services like AWS. This person must demonstrate the ability to create and develop clean, responsive UIs.
This is a fully remote position.
- Implement and develop new features from front to back
- Work with Quality Assurance to describe and test features and code
- Maintain code quality and follow coding style guide and structure
- Meet with team during bi-weekly standups
- Write technical documentation and assist with writing new entries in the User Guide
- Share and introduce new ideas, ways of working, and processes that would improve workflow
Crucial Human is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veterans, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, criminal record information (except where permitted under applicable law), or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination. For more information about equal employment opportunity, please click here for “EEO Is the Law.” For information regarding your Right to Work, click here for details in English and Spanish.
- Minimum 3-5 years building full stack web applications
- Fluent in ES6+, CSS3, HTML5, PHP
- Understands modern web architecture and development patterns
- Proficient with MySQL or other relational databases and in-memory data stores
- Proficient with writing and maintaining REST APIs
- Experience with AWS, Cloudflare, Apache, Node, or similar services and applications
- Demonstrate ability to create clean, responsive UIs and understands core UX principles
- Submit URL to code repo for review (on GitHub or similar system), and/or a portfolio
- Bonus: Experience with WebRTC
- Bonus: Experience with building real-time communication apps
- Remote candidates may apply
- United States residents only at this time